At cambio-INTEGRAL, our reason for being is to work with people who seek to change the world — and choose to be transformed in the process.
Our social justice education, leadership development and coaching work aims to support the integral well-being and leadership development of agents of change and transformation:
- community and labor organizers
- social justice and cultural workers
- political and spiritual activists
- educators and students
- helping professionals and service providers
- business and organizational leaders
- policy makers
- and others attempting to create positive and transformative change.
The work of cambio-INTEGRAL is based on the consciousness-in-action model and approach to integral libratory transformation developed over the past 25 years by Dr. Raúl Quiñones-Rosado and colleagues. This approach to integral change grows out of an pedagogy, a psychology, a philosophy, and an ethic of liberation.
Through the consciousness-in-action process, change agents become better able to shift their perceptual lenses—how they perceive themselves and their communities—and with greater capacity for critical analysis of their relationships to institutional power and to others across social identities. In the process, they also develop an increasing awareness of all aspects of self and explore their personal growing edges into their next stages of development, as they seek to attain well-being and sustainable development for themselves, their communities and the world.
Through our workshops, courses and coaching, we…
- Promote a deep understanding of the complexities of race, class, culture and other social identity issues, and the impact of social power dynamics on our lives.
- Instill principles and practices that foster greater balance and harmony between often conflicted aspects of self, community, and society at large.
- Enhance participants’ ability to effectively deal with conflict and complexity, to recognize and embrace multiple perspectives, and to fluidly shift between these as appropriate.
- Facilitate liberatory and transformative processes that teach people to move beyond defensive reactivity into intentional response, visionary action and pro-active leadership.
- Encourage attitudes, values, states of being, discipline and ethical behaviors that, practiced in community, foster a greater sense of hope, possibility and collective strength toward social transformation.
- Support the emergence or refinement of personal meaning, larger purpose and shared visions.
- Foster the development of integral liberating strategies to challenging social change efforts.
In the webinar below, Raúl Quiñones-Rosado and Rose Sackey-Milligan offer an overview of key concepts of Consciousness-in-Action as presented to members of the Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education, March 24, 2010.
Consciousness-in-Action presented by Raúl Quiñones-Rosado, PhD, and Rose Sackey-Milligan, PhD, Wednesday, March 24, 2010.
A more complete presentation of the concepts, principles and practices of this model and approach can be found in Dr. Quiñones-Rosado‘s book, Consciousness-in-Action: Toward an Integral Psychology of Liberation & Transformation.