At c-INTEGRAL, our purpose is to work with people who seek to change the world — and choose to be transformed in the process.
Our workshops, courses and coaching aims to support the integral well-being and leadership development of agents of change and transformation:
- community and labor organizers
- social justice and cultural workers
- political, environmental and spiritual activists
- helping professionals and service providers
- educators and students
- business and organizational leaders
- government officials and policy makers
- and others attempting to create positive and transformative change.
This work is based on the consciousness-in-action framework and approach to integral libratory transformation developed by Raúl Quiñones-Rosado, PhD and colleagues. This approach to integral change is rooted in Latin American pedagogy, psychology, philosophy and ethics of liberation, informed by transpersonal and cross-cultural studies, and matured by over 30 years of experience in antiracist, social justice and decolonial movements in the United States and Puerto Rico.
The consciousness-in-action process shared in all our offerings allows change agents to become better able to shift perceptual lenses —how they perceive themselves, their communities and sources of social power— and to more effectively and ethically expand their circles of influence. Along the way, they develop an clear awareness of all aspects of self, and a deepened commitment to face their personal growing edges to move along the stages of well-being [bienestar] and development [buenvivir] for themselves, their communities and the world.
Through our workshops, courses and coaching, we…
- Promote a deep understanding of the complexities of race, class, culture and other social identity issues, and the impact of social power dynamics on our lives.
- Instill principles and practices that foster greater balance and harmony between often conflicted aspects of self, community, and society at large.
- Enhance participants’ ability to effectively deal with conflict and complexity, to recognize and embrace multiple perspectives, and to fluidly shift between these as appropriate.
- Facilitate liberatory and transformative processes that teach people to move beyond defensive reactivity into intentional response, visionary action and pro-active leadership.
- Encourage attitudes, values, states of being, discipline and ethical behaviors that, practiced in community, foster a greater sense of hope, possibility and collective strength toward social transformation.
- Support the emergence or refinement of personal meaning, larger purpose and shared visions.
- Foster the development of integral liberating strategies to challenging social change efforts.
The webinar below, presented to members of the Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education, March 24, 2010, offers an overview of key concepts of Consciousness-in-Action.
Consciousness-in-Action presented by Raúl Quiñones-Rosado, PhD, and Rose Sackey-Milligan, PhD, Wednesday, March 24, 2010.
A more complete presentation of the concepts, principles and practices of this model and approach can be found in Dr. Quiñones-Rosado‘s book, Consciousness-in-Action: Toward an Integral Psychology of Liberation & Transformation.